Your Privacy Rights
Acceptance of the Website Terms and Conditions of Use. These website terms and conditions of use for mystudia.com constitute a legal agreement and are entered into by and between you (the “User”, “Users”, “you”, “your”, “they”, “their”) and Vidhvaan.com Inc., operating as MyStudia; its subsidiaries and affiliates, including Vidhvaan.com Inc sites around the world (the “Corporation”, “us”, “we”, “our”). The Vidhvaan.com Inc. operating as MyStudia is a company incorporated under the laws of Ontario in the country of Canada. The Corporation operates the website, mystudia.com, (the “Website”) an international admission application platform for individuals who wants to study abroad.
When you use or register with the Website, we may request for certain personal information about you. Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. We collect your personal information and other data collected through the Website, including your user profile details, to register you with the Website, to provide you with information regarding colleges/universities program offerings tailored to your areas of interest and other user profile information like your educational background. Personal information that we collect is described in section 1C below.
Collection of Your Information
This Policy applies to your information that we collect through the Website.
When and How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information from the following sources:
- information you give us when you submit forms available on our Website or for the purposes of our Services,
- uploading offiles, e-mailing us or use our Services, customer service inquiries, and surveys we may conduct from time to time;
- information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update and verify our records about you; and
- information that we collect automatically when you visit the Website, such as information about your browser settings, geolocation and other information collected through cookies.
What We Collect
When you use or register with the Website, we may ask for certain personal information about you. Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. When you register we will require you to provide us with personal identifiable information about you such as your personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal cell phone number, your image, and your age. If you decide to use our services we will also require you to provide us with your educational background, including transcripts, resumes, employment history, official government information such as drivers license, passport or other official government information and other similar information that is associated with you. All of the information collected from you shall be considered Personal Information. We collect your Personal Information and other data collected through the Website including your user profile details, to register you with the Website, to provide you with information regarding colleges/universities program offerings tailored to your areas of interest and other user profile information like your educational background.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties. By entering or submitting any kind of information on the Website and clicking on the “I accept” tab, you hereby consent to us collecting your Personal Information and you authorize us to:
- register your account.
- authenticate you when you log into your account.
- fulfill your requests for products and services;
- communicate with you about your requests;
- use your information to tailor the search results best suited personally for you for both browsing experience and for ascertaining your college or university preferences.
- provide educational institutions with access Personal Information. Your Personal Information may be provided in its entirety or on a piecemeal basis, as is required by the educational institutions.
- administer contests and promotions that you participate in;
- recommend or to offer you other products and services based on your interests;
- post your service reviews;
- communicate with you regarding customer service issues;
- protect the security or integrity of our Website and our business;
- disclose your Personal Information to the government, private institutions and other agencies for verification of your Personal Information in order to ensure we are able to provide you with the required services or to process your application.
disclose your Personal Information to the extent necessary or appropriate to government agencies, advisors, and other third parties in order to comply with applicable laws, or if we reasonably believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law requiring such disclosure;
- Protect the rights or property of company operating the Wesbite or its affiliated companies;
- Prevent a criminal activity from taking place or to protect matters pertaining to national security; or
- Protect the personal safety of other users or members of the public.We do share information with our affiliates who may be outside of Canada and may be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada. We take measures to ensure that our affiliates are subject to the privacy compliance as the Website.
- We share your grade marksheets with international credit evaluation organizations to evaluate and convert them to equate the grades to the grading system of the country you apply to.
- We create your application(s) using the information you give us and the documents you upload, and submit the application(s) to the colleges/universities for the programs you choose to apply to.
- We use third parties to assist us in our operations. We may share your information with these third parties in order to provide services to you
- We combine all the information we collect with the information relating to your browsing history.
- When and How We Collect Your Information
- You may access, review and change your Personal Information provided by you by log in to your account at the Website.
- You may also close your account if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information. We may, however, retain information about your previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
Detailed Policy Information
This Website, is operated by Vidhvaan.com Inc, a company incorporated under the laws of Ontario in the country of Canada.
We have appointed a Chief Privacy Officer who is accountable for our personal information handling practices. Our Chief Privacy Officer can be contacted at email@example.com
Effective Date and Scope
This Privacy Notice is effective as of February 1, 2021
This Privacy Notice governs our practices with respect to personal information we collect through our Website.
What Other Personal Information Do We Collect?
In addition to the Personal Information we collect, we also payment card information, and other similar information that is associated with you and for the purposes of using our services. (collectively “Personal Information”). For example, we will request credit card and other identifying information to process a credit card transaction when you purchase a product through our website.
We may also receive Personal Information about you from other sources. For example, we will receive information from credit card processors regarding whether the credit card details you gave us have been accepted or declined. We may also acquire Personal Information about you from other promotional or marketing companies with whom you shared your information, and whom you have allowed to provide information to us.
Personalized Offers and Web Analytics
We also automatically collect information when you visit the Website in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to the Website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We also collect information about how you browse through our Website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our offers to you. We also use this information to improve our Website. For example:
- We use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location;
- We log the frequency of visits to certain pages on the Website and how visitors navigate through the Website in order to detect problems, improve the Website and learn about what products and services are of interest to our customers;
- We use information about services that you have clicked on to make suggestions about other products or services that you might be interested in viewing; and
- We track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular service in order to make inferences about other opportunities and services you might be interested in.
Your Ad Choices: Interest-Based Advertising
Our Website may use small pixel files (small images) and cookies (small text files) to keep track of your browser so that you will be recognized when you visit other websites where our third-party ad management providers may show you advertisements from us based on your visit to our Website. Some of these advertisements may be customized to particular products and services that you viewed or they may be based on inferences about products and services that you might be interested in. This is called “interest-based advertising”.
These pixel files and cookies are generally valid for a limited number of days (usually no more than 90 days) and are provided by our ad management providers. Please note that if you opt-out of interest-based advertising you may still see advertisements from us on other websites. However, they will not be customized based on your browsing history on our Website. In addition, we will continue to customize our offers of products and services to you when you are on our Website unless you block cookies from our Website. If you block cookies on our Website, certain functions, such as the “My Wish List” will not function properly because our Website must recognize you as you move through the checkout process.
Regarding Children and Minors
Our Website and the services offered on our Website are directed to those who are seeking to apply to colleges, universities, educational institutions or centres, which may include individuals who are under the age of 18 years. If the individual is under the 18 years, the legal guardian of such individual will be required to provide consent to authorize the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information.
Do We Disclose Your Personal Information to Others?
We may share your personal information with our service providers, third party educational institutions and our other affiliate agents (collectively “Partners and Service Providers”) that help us with our business operations or provide us with marketing and promotional services. Some of these Partners and Service Providers are located outside of Canada, and your Personal Information may be transferred for processing or shared across international borders. We require our Partners and Service Providers to keep your Personal Information secure. In addition, our Partners and Service Providers may not use or disclose your Personal Information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf or for processing your admission and visa applications, unless we or they have obtained your consent.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
We may also disclose your Personal Information if it is necessary for us to collect a debt from you or where we have reason to believe that it is relevant to the investigation or decision to investigate a breach of the laws of Canada, a province or territory of Canada, or a foreign jurisdiction, and we are legally permitted to do so.
Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information.
Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be used or stored by us, third party educational institutions, our service providers and/or our corporate affiliates outside of Canada. We require that our service providers and our corporate affiliates safeguard your personal information. By submitting your Personal Information to us, you aknowledge and consent to our sharing your Personal Information with our service providers and/or corporate affiliates in outside of Canada. If your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored. You can contact us to find out where your information is stored.
Retention of Your Information
We retain your Personal Information for only as long as it is necessary for us to provide our services to you.
If you register for an account, you will have the option to choose what marketing and promotional e-mails and communications you receive from us. If you choose not to have your information disclosed to certain groups of people, such as third-party agents, please contact the privacy officer.
You can modify your information by logging into your account and making the requested changes.
You may also choose “close my account” and we will remove your account information from active use.
If you do not re-activate your account within 3 months, we will permanently delete your account. Please note that we still maintain information that you provided to us for audit purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. This includes limiting access of employees and agents to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We do not publish all of our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information, and we require our affiliates and any third-party service providers to take comparable steps to ensure the protection of any of your personal information that is shared with them.
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit Personal Information to us using our Website if you consider that information to be sensitive.
How Do You Access and Modify Your Personal Information or Make a Complaint?
If you have an account, log in to access and to modify the personal information stored with your account. If you have questions or concerns about other personal information collected by us and would like assistance accessing that information, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Third-Party Websites and Social Network Plug-Ins
You may be able to access third-party websites through links available on our Website. You may also connect to social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and YouTube. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not have any control over those third-party websites and we do not provide any guarantee that the privacy practices of the hosts of those websites meet our standards. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and will be governed by the privacy policies of those websites and not by this Privacy Notice. Do not transmit Personal Information using those websites without reading the privacy policies governing those websites.
Notice to Persons Outside of Canada
This Privacy Notice is governed by the laws of Canada and the laws of Ontario. By submitting personal information to us, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada.
- About Us